Here is my Tuesday 10 for today:
10 things yoga teaches you
1. Honor your body. You are exactly where you need to be. Treat your body well. It deserves your utmost respect.
2. Breathe: In yoga I use my Pranayama breath. Meaning your life force and vital energy drawn out through your breath. It helps me control my anxiety and center myself in the present moment. I honestly believe that this has been the most beneficial thing I have learned in my yoga practice. I use it everyday.
3. Be in the present moment. Only focus on what is happening hear and now.
4. Let go of things that don't serve you.
5. The light in me honors the light in you (namaste.) Yoga teaches us to honor one another.
6. You are capable of much more than you think. Your body can endure more than your brain will tell you.
7. Perpetuates inner awareness. Recognizing what is going on inside your body.
8. Quiet the mind. Focus on silence rather than the business of your life. Dedicate time to yourself to focus on the beauty and peace found in silence.
10. Compassion for all living things.
Yoga has changed my life. I don't know where I would be without it.